We respect each customer's right to privacy and take necessary precautions to ensure the safety of your personal information.
We have always recognized that protecting each person's right to privacy is fundamental to the quality of customer relationships. Given the rapid pace of technological advancement in our society, the need to protect personal privacy has become even more important.
To let customers know the high priority we place on protecting privacy, we want you to be aware of what we do when collecting, maintaining, using and safeguarding information about your relationship with us, whether collected electronically or otherwise. They include:
- Recognizing and respecting each customer's expectation that privacy be protected.
- Collecting and using only that information about our customer's needed for legitimate business purposes.
- Striving to maintain information about our customers that is both accurate and complete.
- Limiting access to information about our customers to those authorized individuals who have a legitimate need to know.
- Maintaining security measures that guard access to and disclosure of information about our customers.
- Not disclosing information about accounts or transactions to outside parties unless there is an appropriate legal or business justification.
- Requiring outside parties who process information about our customers to follow our rules related to Privacy.
What Does Franklin American Mortgage Company (FAMC) Do
With Your Personal Information?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and income
- account balances and payment history
- credit history and credit scores
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons FAMC chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
To Limit Our Sharing
Call 1-800-295-1020 and inform our representative of your choice
If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
Call 800.295.1020 or go to www.franklinamerican.com